Friday, October 31, 2014

October

Several of the neighborhood boys have been coming over to ask Bryce to come out and ride his bike with them. I don't know why I think this is so adorable. It makes me feel like he is such a big boy. Of course I sit outside and watch them the entire time but I love that he is a social little boy.
We have started a tradition of going to the Red Barn in Santaquin the Saturday of fall General Conference. It has been so fun to have an activity with the cousins and Grandma Hunsaker and Grandma Thornock.

Grandma Thornock with Bryce







Grandma Hunsaker and Sam




Kristin and Grandma Thornock





I love, love this picture.




Emmi and Bryce


Kristin with Bryce



Bryce hasn't been much of an eater lately but his morning he ate to pancakes. I love how he says "pumpcakes." 
Bryce is still doing awesome riding his strider bike and with the weather staying extra warm we have been outside more. 
I got up at 4 am to watch the lunar eclipse. Was it worth it? Eh, I don't know but I am glad I saw it. I tried to snap a picture but I don't know how to use the settings on my camera well enough.
Bryce has gotten a bit wild and crazy. We still frequent the dinosaur museum but this day he decided it wasn't fun enough to just play with the water table, he needed to get in the action. Yes, I did snap a photo before I pulled him out. Needless to say I was extremely embarrassed and we left immediately after.
Bryce helped me bake some cookies. On a side note I have finally found the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe!

We got to babysit Nixon one day. I was surprised at how much Bryce loved on him. He is very protective of me and makes sure that every baby and child in the vicinity knows that I am HIS mommy and not theirs.

Rubber ducky bath time
Bryce is obsessed with the talking dog on the ipad. It repeats everything he says and Bryce loves it.


Russ and I went on a zipline tour up Provo canyon. It was so fun. A tad scary since I am afraid of heights but the fall colors were gorgeous making it totally worth it.





That same day Tanner proposed to Lauren. It is actually a very funny story because they both planned to propose to each other without the other knowing. Tanner called and told me he talked to Lauren's dad and planned to propose. Lauren had also come up with a plan to ask him. I didn't tell either of them but I wanted to so badly. They had planned to go on the Sundance chair lift and to dinner for their dating anniversary so they both went for it. Tanner beat her to the punch, which is what I hoped for, and they are happily engaged. The wedding date is May 16 and I cannot wait for Lauren to officially be my sister in law.
We made a special pumpkin to take to Olivia.







Bryce has been doing so good at giving the prayers at dinner. I love the things he prays for. He thanks Heavenly Father for our blessings, the pumpkin park (Cornbellys) then says amen! There is nothing sweeter and than the innocent prayer of a child.


Don't mind the cheesiness of the selfie but I got my braces off and had my teeth bleached!
We went on a short hike to the Grotto in Payson Canyon with Russ' parents and little sister, Kristin. It was beautiful. I'd love to see it in the spring with the runoff.












Russ has continued to mow the lawn into October. I think he is totally nuts but the weather has been unseasonably warm.
Russ turned...32, wait is that right? He was born in 1982 so I guess so. He is such a low key, simple guy he didn't want a party. He never wants anything but one day he said he'd really like an ice cream cake from Cold Stone so I made it happen. He chose to go to Happy Sumo and spend the evening with Bryce and I. My friend, Gabe, was going to watch Bryce but she went into labor. She called and said he can still come but I might have to go to the hospital. I laughed and told her to get herself to the hospital. Her baby boy, Ty, was born on October 28.
Bryce couldn't wait to get his hands on some of daddy's cake! 









I taught Bryce how to dip his oreos in milk.
I practiced and practiced with him to smile for our family pictures. Look how good he did before the pictures. He did terrible during the actual pictures but look how cute this smile can be.Then he crashed really hard after our pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment