Friday, August 2, 2013

Timpanogos Half Marathon

It was Russ' idea to sign up for the half marathon back in February-ish. I wasn't too excited about it because I hadn't been consistently working out since before Bryce was born. It was really nice to have something Russ and I could do together. We usually didn't do our runs during the week together but we did every long, Saturday run together and we explored a little more of our neighborhood in the process. We found a great trail that is very close to our house. Russ' IT Band has been very tight causing him to have knee pain so we were both worried about him completing the race but he said he would do it no matter what
 Race Day: We tried to go to bed early but ended up going to bed around 10:30 pm then woke up to Bryce crying hysterically at midnight. He laid with us a while then finally went to his bed and the next thing I knew my alarm was going off at 3:30 am and it was time to get up. We caught the bus at 4:30 at Lone Peak High School and rode up the Tibble Fork where the race began. We waited around with our friends, Danny, Erin and Stephenson. The race finally began at 6 am and the first few miles flew by. It steeper down than I thought but it was good. My goal was to finish in 2 hours (9:06/mile) so we kept the 2 hour pacer in our sight. Russ' knee started acting up at mile 4 so I ran to catch up to the pacer and he hung behind a little. I ran with the pacer until mile 10 then I got ahead of her and just kept going. At mile 11 I started to feel fatigued but I kept telling myself that I rad ran that far and was so close to my goal I wasn't going to walk at that point. With about .25 miles left the pacer caught up to me so I sprinted to the finish line and crossed at 1 hour 58 min! Russ crossed at 2 hours 8 minutes! I was so proud of him for toughing it out with his bum knee. The race course was beautiful and I hope we do it again!

tacky i know... but they didnt even get a decent picture of me









No comments:

Post a Comment