Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Blessing

January 28, 2015

I had a very special Priesthood blessing a few weeks ago. I was recently called to be a primary teacher in conjunction with activity days and was set apart for my calling. The member of the bishopric that gave me the blessing began talking about my calling but the blessing quickly changed course. He blessed me that I would not be overwhelmed with my duties in life or my circumstances. He said, not once but twice, that what I have experienced and what I am currently experiencing are all part of the Lord's grand plan for me. Russ was holding Bryce and listening to the blessing. He said as I sniffled a little because I was crying he looked up at Brother Smith, who was giving the blessing and he seemed shocked. It was as if he just said what the Spirit told him and in that moment realized what was happening. I believe he was listening to the Spirit and said exactly what he was supposed to. He had no idea what our struggles are and every other setting apart blessing I have been given has to do with my calling but this was different. I know the Lord knows each one of us. He knows how to provide us tender mercies when we need them the very most. My prayers may not have been answered that moment or in the exact way I prayed for but they were answered through this blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment