Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bryce at 15 Months

Just because I stopped taking pictures after 12 months doesn't mean I don't have tons of pictures to share. Bryce has learned and done so much over the past 3 months. He continues to amaze us with whatever he is doing. It is funny how pointing at a banana when he wants one makes a mother proud. Here are a few highlights of the past 3 months!

This boy loves to swing. If we walk past a swing he points and whines until we take him to swing. He laughs hysterically when he swings so there is no denying this boy.  He also loves to slide and will sit at the top and let go all on his own.




























First hair cut courtesy of Dadda. He didn't care much for the buzzing sound but we got most of his hairs cut. I even saved a few of his firey red locks. His hair is still red and seems to be getting redder by the day. Everyone and I mean everyone comments on it. "Where does the red hair come from?" Is all I ever hear. The best was the old man at the tire store... Bryce walked past him and the old man looked at him and said "Red head, huh?" at that was all. We love our little ginger!

Bryce loves water. Sprinklers, sink, pools, hose or even nasty sitting water on the side walk. No matter what kind or where the water is he wants to play in it and drink it. Most days he ends up soaking wet from one of those sources. 







Holy molars this boy has gotten a lot of teeth. He has all four first baby molars, his top central and lateral incisors and his central and one lateral incisor on the bottom. For a long time I was concerned that the other lateral was missing but in the last week it has finally started to push through! Brushing his teeth has been fun and challenging. He loves to chew on his toothbrush but doesn't love when I try to brush his teth. We have started singing "if all the rain drops where lemon drops and gum drops oh what a world it would be, I'd stand outside with my mouth open wide, ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh ahh ah" and he will open his mouth.























Bryce was first obsessed with his motorcycle that he could push around. He even started doing trick riding.
























He got his first car. We went over to our friend's house that had a cruisin coupe and Bryce fell in love so of course I had to buy him one. I love the one we got because it has a handle I can push him with. It isn't the old school red ones it is the new smart car looking ones. When we put it together he sat on the seat and we had to build it around him. We keep it in our garage and every time we get out of the car he points at it and wants to go for a ride.


















He loves other kids! Jace, my friend Gabe's son, is probably his best friend since they have spent so much time together. He absolutely loves our babysitter's daughters. They are older 3 and 5 maybe but he gets so excited when they are at the door waiting for him. I am pretty sure they play dress up and dance because he walks around trying to wear things as necklaces and dances every time a song comes on.

















He is quite the trouble maker. He is always trying to climb up stairs and go where ever he isn't supposed to. He has mastered going up and down stairs alone but I still worry about him tumbling down. He is always trying to open cupboards and take everything out. One day he drank a little bit of dish soap. We called poison control and everything was fine but needless to say that was the day we put child locks on the cupboards with harmful things in them.



















He absolutely loves fruit. When the fridge is open he grabs the strawberries out and if he sees a banana he points at it and recently started saying ba ba when he is talking about them. He loves cuties and watermelon too. He is a good eater, we haven't found anything he doesn't like to eat! He has recently discovered dipping. His favorite thing to dip is his fingers in whatever sauce and lick it off. He is definitely his mother's child because I love sauces too.













































He has had several ear infections over the past year. 5 that we have had diagnosed but the doctor said he isn't ready for tubes. He got one during one of Russ' trips out of town. He had a cold and didn't seem to feel so great but I took him to the babysitter anyway. At lunch she text and said that he really wasn't doing so good and had a fever. I took him to the doctor after work and of course double ear infection. I took him to Target to get his antibiotic and while we waited he pushed the cart around the store. He started coughing really hard and couldn't stop. I picked him up and he threw up all over me. He hadn't been eating anything because he wasn't feeling well but he had a whole bunch of curdled milk to get out. I still had to stand there covered in throw up while they finished his prescription. Oh the looks of sympathy and disgust. Good think I love that little guy.























He drinks out of a cup and a straw. He also loves to drink out of my Camelbak.























He is walking! He started taking a few steps April 25 (13 months) and now there is no stopping the kid. He walks every where and rarely crawls anymore. He is so fast and a little wobbly but it is so dang cute!



He has started putting everything in the trash. We have found remotes and books in the trash. He also ate a burrito out of the trash. I had just thrown in away so I wasn't too worried. We have started using the lock feature on our trashcan and have to look in it before we take it out to the dumpster.






















Mother's Day with Brycey.























He helped us work on our landscaping. Mostly he played it the wagon and tried to eat dirt but he was sure cute doing it. We decided to make one of our tree Bryce's trees and see which grows faster. We had him sprinkle some dirt on it so he could help plant it. When he gets old enough we will let him name it. My parents let me name one of the trees and their house and I named it water tree. Probably because we were going to water the tree but I think it's a great idea.























He loves dogs. He pets them and isn't scared at all. We have only been around little dogs so they have all been nice back. I told him not to get any ideas about getting his own puppy.






















He is such a big helper and always tries to unload the dishwasher regardless if they are clean or dirty and usually goes for the knives. He also always wants to help me fold clothes by tossing them out of the basket and help in the kitchen.























We took him boating again this year and he rode in the tube with me and Aunty Nicole. He didn't like his life jacket because it was too big and pushed up on his cheeks. He was okay in the tube and liked riding in the boat. Russ is already thinking about how he can get him on some baby water skis.





A ride with Grandpa Hunsaker in the big tractor. He was watching off of the deck and saying "Wow" so we took him down for a ride. Surprisingly he did well and wasn't scared.






















Russ came to my office to get his teeth cleaned and I thought it'd be a good idea to bring Bryce so everyone I work with could see him. Good thing we didn't have any other patients because he was running around and trying to put everything in his mouth. He even let me polish one of his teeth.


















He is quite the mama's boy and often cries when I leave him or hand him off to someone else. It is so sad but I am glad he knows who Russ and I are and loves us. I didn't realize how much he watches what I do until he started straightening his hair while sitting on the sink. I guess I better watch what I do because he is always watching.

















He has really started enjoying books! I am thrilled about this because we read to him but we can never keep his interest. He has been obsessed with a tractor touch and feel book for the past week. He makes us read it over and over and carries it everywhere. He also loves the 10 little monkey book that counts down as they fall off the bed. He shakes his finger when we say no more monkeys jumping on the bed and point to his head when we say one fell off and bumped his head.













































He loves to dance. Any time music comes on he starts to bob up and down. A few weeks ago at Kim's, my mother in law, dance recital he danced his heart out while watching the little girls dance on stage. When everyone would clap he would clap and look around. It was one of the most adorable things I have ever seen.




































He is so silly and has the happiest attitude.

Here are his 15 month stats:
6.21.2013
weight: 22 lbs 15%
length: 31 in 44%
head: 48 cm 72%





  •  his eyes are hazel (greenish, brownish, blue)
  • red hair
  • size 4 diapers
  • loves whole milk but will only drink it out of a bottle
  • he likes to drink juice and water out of a sippy
  • he says dadda, mamma, hi (and waves), baba (bottle), ba (for ball), ba (for banana), hot and babbles a lot.
  • points up to the sky when you ask him where the airplanes are and can point out a ball and a puppy in a book
  • he sleeps 8 pm-8 am
  • still won't watch tv (which is probably a good thing)
  • 11 teeth
  • constantly laughing
  • can get really mad and have fits if he doesn't get what he wants
  • got a bigger, forward facing car seat

No comments:

Post a Comment