Yesterday Russ and I had the opportunity to help teach primary to special needs children at Tiny Tots in Orem. It is a residential nursing facility for children, teens and young adults with disabilities. Most of them couldn't speak or sing the primary songs with us but you could see the light in their eyes as we sang to them. We sang songs with them for about 45 minutes and then we pushed them in their wheel chairs outside for a walk. I spent 3 months in Ecuador working with many orphaned children but I was specifically assigned as the site leader over the special needs children. I am always amazed at how happy these special spirits are and how much love they have inside of them. Being with the Tiny Tots yesterday made me miss my special kids in Cuenca.
"...Succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down,
how cute! i bet they just loved you and russ russ!
ReplyDelete