Sunday, March 4, 2012

30-36 weeks




I am finally almost done. I have to admit being pregnant hasn't been that terrible although I am definitely ready to be not pregnant. I am so excited/nervous to meet this baby boy. Everything has been going well. I have still been working 4 days a weeks and everything is going smoothly. My lower legs, ankles and feet have been swelling and resemble elephant legs. The doctor said my blood pressure is good and so there is not much I can do about the swelling except elevate my legs. We pretty much have everything ready for the baby and now we are just counting down. I am the type of person that likes to have a plan and it is very difficult for me to not know when this baby will arrive. The first time the doctor checked me I was 1.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced and the second time I was almost to a 2. I am glad things aren't progressing too quickly because Russ will be gone March 12 and 13 on a business trip to California. His boss told him I had to okay the trip, which I did, but now I am having second thoughts. He promised to get on the next flight home if anything happens. I have already convinced myself that the baby isn't coming until they induce me on the 30th but it still makes me a little nervous. It will take my mom 8 hours to get here but Tanner, Lauren, and Russ' family are all here if I need anything. Here is a picture of the elephant legs. The dent is where my leg was resting on my other shoe.

3 comments:

  1. teehee you're such a cute pregnant lady!!! it's getting so close! Well i'm really excited for you, i hope everything goes as planned... i'm not sure what that means when you have babies but i guess for now it just means that nothing happens till after Russ' busniess trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better not have that baby when Russ is gone, bc I will be out of town too and I want to see his cute little face. You're so close! Those last weeks are the hardest, so stay strong and get a lot of sleep. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will cross our fingers (and you better cross your legs)that the baby doesn't come while Russ is gone! I'm getting sooo excited for you. It will be so fun to finally meet him!

    ReplyDelete